Thursday, March 23, 2006

Warrant Needed?

Do you think the police need a warrant to search a house with only one resident's permission? I supposed I'm somewhat divided, because I wouldn't just say yes, or no. If it was an obvious case of drug use or abuse of some kind, then yes I would say that the police should be able to search. But in most other cases, where someone could be lying or faking evidence, I would say they shouldn't be allowed. Chief Justice John Roberts voted no, and in light of that decision, I think there should be an easier way to get a warrant. What do you think?

Quote of the post:
"A man's home is his castle." - English Proverb

Song of the post:
"Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts

Today at speech, Andrew had the word "road" he looked up with this look on his face and said "God blessed the broken road." His speech teacher smiled and said she liked that song too. So this song is on here for Andrew! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warning: you have just received a comment from Marry the Berry. Thank you and good night.

Unknown said...

where did this subject come from?
so, yeah. goodnight.

SaraY said...

Yeah that is a cool song. Sorry I am too tired at the moment to worry about search warrants.

Charity said...

That's so cute! I love this song, too! :-)

Nathan said...

I think John Roberts was right...

Anonymous said...

I like that song too Ellie.