Wednesday, March 22, 2006

24:27

This morning I read Genesis 24. My favorite verse:

27 He said, "Blessed be the LORD, the God of my master Abraham, who has not forsaken His loving kindness and His truth toward my master; as for me, the LORD has guided me in the way to the house of my master's brothers." - NAS

27 saying, "Praise be to the LORD, the God of my master Abraham, who has not abandoned his kindness and faithfulness to my master. As for me, the LORD has led me on the journey to the house of my master's relatives." - NIV

27And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren. - KJV

27 And he said, "Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who has not forsaken His mercy and His truth toward my master. As for me, being on the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren." - GSB

My favorite part is the last part. It sure is good to know that the LORD will lead us where he wants us to go. Calvin says, "we should always have the providence of God before our eyes in order that we may give to him praise when something happens prosperously to us!"

Quote of the post:
"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -George Herman "Babe" Ruth

6 comments:

SaraY said...

The harder part is having the providence of God in mind when bad things happen! Although I think I do tend to forget to praise Him for good things instead of just being happy or whatever.

Nathan said...

'Twas a good post. I always've liked the "For I know the plans I have for you..." verse. Similar concept...

Andrew said...

I like this one too, it really shows how God guides us through life in such a way, that we don't have to worry about the future...
i like your quote too, it fits in real well...

Charity said...

I agree with Sara. It's hard to think God for 'hard providences'.

Tamara Rose said...

thank*

Nathan said...

Someone new should comment on the post below.