Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Today...

This is an episode in the life of Ellie.

Ellie's mother asked her to make dinner. After examining the cabinets in search of ideas of what to make, she decided on spaghetti because it wouldn't be too complicated. She took the ground beef out of the freezer and defrosted it in the microwave. Ellie placed the pan in which she intended to cook the meat on the stove and busied herself with something else until the meat was defrosted. Taking the meat out of the microwave she put it in the pan and left the kitchen intending to retrieve her book while the meat started to cook. She took around six minutes to do this, and came back to the kitchen expecting to see her meat cooking, but to her dismay she had forgotten to turn the stove on. She sighed and thought to herself, I should post this on my blog.

Song of the post:
"I'm with you" by Avril Lavigne

4 comments:

Andrew said...

wow, ellie, u should write book...

SaraY said...

Haha, that's great :-). Did I ever tell you about the time I tried to make cookies with the oven off.....?

Mary said...

Very well written my dear....I agree with Andrew on the book idea.

Katie said...

lol I think that a lot too!