Sunday, March 26, 2006

*big smile*

I just make about 72 chocolate chip cookies. Sadly, I ate so much of the dough while I was making it that by the time the cookies came out of the oven I was full. But thankfully, I know they were good because Jacob Long and by brother Daniel both ate about seven each! :)

Last night, almost right after I posted we had an interesting occurrence in our neighborhood. Our next store neighbor Ruth Walls called my dad because a man was knocking on her door saying he needed a doctor, and her husband Will was out of town. She had called 911 and so a fire truck and an ambulance parked almost right in front of our house. Apparently the man was a diabetic and he had missed his bus, so he didn't get his insulin shot, which caused him to start to have a diabetic reaction. The ambulance workers told my dad that he would be okay.

Today, Pastor Johnston preached on Genesis 24, the passage about how Rebekah was chosen for Isaac. Ruth, Ana, Jenny and I talked about how Abraham's servant put a ring in her nose. Comments are very much appreciated!!! Thank you. :)

Quote of the post:
"Duncan:There is a war on! How is it you are going West?
Nathaniel: Well, you kinda face to the North, and real sudden-like, turn left." - the Last of the Mohicans

Song of the post:
"Your still the one" by Shania Twain

8 comments:

SaraY said...

haha that passage is going to be my justification for noserings if I ever get one...which I probably won't. I just put in some beautiful green earrings (in my ears) so I am feeling happy about that :-)
Ttyl Ellie!! Luv ya lots!

Abigail said...

hi, Ellie. I want cookies. 0_o

Charity said...

I want some of your cookies!!! haha I know I ALWAYS do that when making cookie! The dough is just sooo good! :-D

Glad your neighbor is gonna be ok.

Isn't it amazing how Rebekah went willingly to marry someone she didn't even know? Yeah the whole nose ring thing is kinda interesting...maybe we should get one when/if we get married! hehe j/k...I don't think i'd ever get a nose ring. Love you!!!

Andrew said...

cool...i havn't made cookies in forever...all i make now is dinner, and, lunch, and that's it, i guess i need to be a little more creative...heh

um, about the noserings....no comment...

Jen said...

Heheheh.. yeah I am still laughng whenever I think of Ana demonstrating how she thought it was done.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Ellie thoes cookies were AWESOME! I coulden't get enough of them! I am actually eating another one right now hehe. There's like only 15 left of the 72 you made! If I ever see you with a nose ring i'm gonna laugh, really hard! I like the quote and the song.

Nathan said...

I like my choc. chip cookies. Cuz that's about the only thing I bake...

Jessica said...

Mmmm... chocolate chip cookies! You guys are making me hungry! Luv ya Ellie!