Saturday, March 25, 2006

HI

Today I went to the homeschool convention downtown. My mom and I bought all the books for Worldview next year. I'm really excited because I love getting new books! Ruth and I went to the workshops and walked around in the exhibit hall. For lunch we went to Einstein's Bagels, I got a sandwich and soup, it tasted really good. I listened to two sessions by John Stonestreet, the second one was about the cultural identity crisis in our country. One of his points was about when a missionary goes to another country he usually studies the language and the culture, but we live in a country where we don't even know our own culture. Finding out who we truly are. It was an excellent talk. Anyway, after walking around all day long, I'm glad to be home sitting down. It was a long, but fun day. I love the convention! :)

Quote of the post:
"...Of the sons of Issachar who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do." - 1 Chronicles 12:32

4 comments:

erudil said...

If I remember rightly, my parents say that children are not allowed at the Ohio state homeschool convention. Not sure why...

Nathan said...

This is your 300th point! Congratulations!

I never went to the homeschool convention when I was hometeached. And now I'm a public schooler - seems I missed a lot! Not just this post, but everyone seems to be in love with it...

SaraY said...

I'm not and I never was...homeschool convention and me didn't really mix.

Charity said...

I'm glad you had fun at the convention. You'll have to tell me more about it when I call later... I wish I could've been there!