Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Okay

Yesterday I forgot to mention that I'm in a blogging contest. For those of you who are not in the contest know that each of your comments gives me points. So if you read my blog, please leave comments because it'll move me up in the standings.

I had to read and then write a report this past week on Animal Farm by George Orwell. I didn't think it was a hard book to read, but it had a lot of underlying principles and things to figure out about how it relates to World War II and Communism. The basic story line is about animals who live on a farm with master who is very cruel which makes them unhappy. There is a rebellion and they get rid of the master and resolve to rule themselves and have a better life. It doesn't go so well, they take a whole circle and at the end are right back where they started. I don't want to say too much and ruin the story for all you people who haven't read it. But, I will say that my favorite character is Boxer. :)

Quote of the post:
"Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch rabbits. Yet he is lord of all the animals." -George Orwell

9 comments:

Charity said...

That is a great book!!! I remember listening to the book on tape when I was little, and I just recently read it again. Haha that quote is pretty true. ;-)

Mary said...

sounds like a neat book. I've never heard about it until now...so thanks! yeah, I like the quote as well.

Aren't you proud of me, I'm giving you points! ;)

Maria JoAnn said...

That is a great book! It is real funny. We all listened to it when we were little on tape. We used to always do that on long car trips. Come to think of it, we still do. I tried to comment yesterday and give you some points, but our computer messed up when I commented. Keep doing a great job on the blogging contest. Thank you for the comments on my blog. I love you, and will talk to you soon. Hopfully. If my mom ever gets off the phone.

Anonymous said...

r

Maria JoAnn said...

You are not doing so hot on the blogging contest, so I will comment and give you some points

Anonymous said...

whoops that was me. I am an edomite blogging is dummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm its evil~benjamin

erudil said...

I read somewhere that, if burrows and other small passageways are eliminated, a man can outrun a rabbit: not because of speed, but because a man has more endurance.

Nathan said...

With this comment, you get your 5-point bonus. Woot!

Nathan said...

Notice the fake profile of the 2nd "Nathan" comment.