Friday, June 17, 2005

Life must go on...

So here I am – at home. My summer schedule has started, I’m sore and tired. I still haven’t caught up on sleep, though it’s not like I ever do anyway. Tomorrow I get to sleep in till nine – wow that’s so late. (being sarcastic here) I miss all you ECHO people an awful lot! And last, I’m really having an issue with a certain little green monster. Forgive me – I kinda had to vent. God has been so good to me and I shouldn’t complain. I have wonderful parents, three wonderful pastors, four siblings that aren’t exactly wonderful all the time, but can be. I have tons of friends that love me, and I wonderful of all I have an awesome God who is in total control of my life.

On to bigger and brighter subjects: I bought the “phantom of the opera” soundtrack today. If you haven’t seen that movie, it is beautiful; I only wish I had a voice like Christine, or at least the confidence to hit the extremely high notes. I suggest you watch the movie before you listen to the soundtrack though, because the songs tell part of the story, and you might be really confused if you didn’t see them movie first. Anyway it’s a beautiful movie and soundtrack. If I could get my music to work I’d try to put one of the songs on my blog, but unfortunately I’m not smart enough to do that. :(

Sunday evening the people who went on the first Echo trip have to share. Anybody who wants to come is definitely welcome, service starts at 6pm. I really have “Echo depression” so to see any of you would make me happier! I added a bunch of Echo people to my links, so check them out and if I forgot you, please remind me. Thanks to all the people who took time to comment on my blog - :)

Quote of the Post:
"Sooner or later, you start taking yourself seriously. You know when you need a break. You know when you need a rest. You know what to get worked up about and what to get rid of. And you know when it's time to take care of yourself, for yourself. To do something thatmakes you stronger, faster, more complete. Because you know it's never too late to have a life.And never too late to change one." -NIKE Advertisement

3 comments:

erudil said...

Yes, three wonderful pastors. I only have one :-)
It is odd, resuming my daily life as if nothing had happened. Besides reading everyone's ECHO posts, reading two weeks of back newspapers, and cleaning up everything from the trip, really nothing is affecting me. Natheless, we have the same God caring for us :-)

Charity said...

Aw hunny, I really need to call you. It seems like forever since we last talked. I watched "The Phantom of the Oprah" last night at the Long's. I LOVED IT! I realllllly want the soundtrack! Beth and I might get it for each other for Christmas or something.

Just keep telling yourself what you wrote in those last few sentences of your last paragraph. I love you so much, Ellie! I prolly won't be able to go to the service tomorrow night...but hopefully it won't be too long till I get to see you!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I have to "speak" at our service, but I wish I could go to Northside and hang out.
I miss everbody sooo much(I have said that like a thousand times) buuut I'll say it again, (for emphasis).
Anyway the soonest I can see everybody again is Covy and I don't even know if I am going. hope to see u all somewhere.....