Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day!

Here's to my Dad!

A father and a dad are not the same:
One can be a dad and not a father,
Or one can be a father and not bother
To earn through love the more endearing name.
Some find fatherhood a bit too tame,
Leaving all the details to the mother,
Or dumping the sweet burden on another
Man with just a passing twinge of shame.
You have been our dad so many years
That you've become the landscape that is home,
The mountain that we look to from afar.
No matter where we go we're not alone,
For you remain within to still our fears
And be the word that tells us who we are.

Anybody want to go out to lunch with me on Tuesday? Applebee's in broadripple is donating 15% of all sales to my swim team! But you have to show a flyer. Anyway if you are interested just call or e-mail me, or just call me or e-mail me just to talk anyway! :) Miss you all!

7 comments:

Nick said...

Hey, Ellie, can you comment on my blog? I'm still in India.

erudil said...

It's rather far to come for lunch for me :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I'd go eat lunch, you pay to get me down there and I'll eat lunch.

Shirley Temple said...

i want to go maybe i can get some peeps from southside together and we could all come up

Shirley Temple said...

btw andrew hasn't commented on my blog

Nathan said...

If there were other people going that I know, I'd go. They'd better hurry, but if someone wanted to organize it...

erudil said...

He doesn't comment on mine either ~>:-(