Thursday, July 07, 2005

Gone

Today was my day off. It was really nice; for once I could just hang out at the Rivi and just play around. Andrew and I biked down at like 10:30; we went off the diving board and down the slide. Ed - one of the swim instructors - bought a kayak, so we played with that in the pool. I was going to buy us lunch, but I didn't have any money with me and they wouldn't let me put it on my tab because I wasn't on duty. Mom picked up Andrew at 12:30, then I hung out with Chris till swim team. All the people in the office had a cake for Ingrid because today was her 72nd birthday, I got in on that, and it was really fun to surprise her! :) Then I went to practice, it wasn't that hard, kinda boring actually, but oh well! After practice all the swim team people went off the diving boards, it was alot of fun! I love diving boards!!! :) And I really want to have a party, but I don't know if I'm allowed. I'm going to talk to Therese about it! :)

Here's the song I've had in my head all day, I was kinda bugging Chris because I keep singing it, the same part over and over... and over and over! :)

Gone - by Switchfoot
She told him she'd rather fix her makeup
than try to fix what's going on
But the problem keeps on calling
even with the cell phone gone
She told him that she believes in living
bigger than she's living now
But her world keeps spinning backwards
and upside down

Don't say so long, and throw yourself wrong
Don't spin today away, cause today will soon be

Gone, like yesterday is gone,
Like history is gone
Just try to prove me wrong
And pretend like you're immortal

She said he said live like no tomorrow
Every day we borrow brings us
one step closer to the edge, infinity
Where's your treasure, where's your hope
if you get the world and lose your soul?
She pretends like she pretends like she's immortal

Don't say so long, you're not that far gone
This could be your big chance to make up
Today will soon be

Gone, like yesterday is gone
Like history is gone
The world keeps spinning on
You're going, going, gone
Like summer break is gone,
Like Saturday is gone
Just try to prove me wrong
You pretend like you're immortal.

We are not infinite
We are not permanent
Nothing is immediate
We're so confident
In our accomplishments
Look at our decadence

Gone, like Frank Sinatra, like Elvis and his mom,
Like Al Pachino's cash, nothing lasts in this life
Gone, my high school dreams are gone,
my childhood sweets are gone
Life is a day that doesn't last for long.

Life is more than money, time was never money
Time was never cash, life is still more than girls.
Life is more than hundred dollar bills and roto-tom fills,
Life is more than fame and rock and roll and thrills,
All the riches of the kings end up in wills
We've got information in the information age but do
We know what life is outside of our convenient Lexus cages?
She said he said live like no tomorrow
Every moment that we borrow brings us closer
to the God who's not short of cash
Hey Bono, I'm glad you asked
Life is still worth living, life is more than what we are.

Quote of the Post:
Start living now. Stop saving the good china for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes. Every day you are alive is a special occasion. Every minute, every breath, is a gift from God.
-Mary Manin Morrissey

6 comments:

Charity said...

I love that song! Sounds like you had a good day. I had a wonderful day, too!! Sorry I haven't called you yet...I promise I will try to tomorrow! We really need to talk! I love you tons!

Charity said...

P.S. I commented on the post below!! Sorry I havent' commented in a while.

Goodnight!!

Nathan said...

Gone's got a good message, and save for a few really cheesy lines (Elvis and his mom, for one) it's a decent song.

erudil said...

Do you ever leave the pool if you can help it?

Abigail said...

luv the song!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ellie, I would have commented ot eh post below, but I haven't been on a computer in a long time. I am so glad you've decide to give that issue up to God and I will definaltly be praying for you. It's never easy to surrender something you really love to God. But God will give you the strength to get through. Love you!!