Sunday, November 06, 2005

Why?

Today was church. Pastor Fairs preached from Genesis 8 "God remembered Noah." It was really good. We also had a special man named Little Bear Wheeler come and speak during Sunday school. That was interesting, he spoke about the Piigrims and talked about some of the customs are and things they wore, etc.

Ruth recorded the song "why," and I am attempting to learn how to sing it. I am excited for us to actually write and record some songs. :) After service we went into the old building and practiced the two songs she recorded for me. Our voices are different so she kinda has to transpose the song into a different key, but its so pretty. I wish I could play the piano like her, she makes me feel somewhat untalented. Sometime once its very natural to sing and play it, we might ask James if we can perform it for Small World Cafe. That would be really fun! :)

Quote of the post:
"Oft expectation fails and most oft there Where most it promises, and oft it hits Where hope is coldest and despair most fits. - William Shakespeare

3 comments:

ben said...

sounds cool. did someone you know make the song or is it on a CD or somthing? if so what band made it.

Ellie said...

Ben -
If you are talking about the "why" song, its not from a band. Ruth wrote the words and Zachary wrote the tune... and if you are talking about the lyrics in the anonymous comment, they are a song, I think! :)

Ellie said...

I removed the anonymous comment.