Today was a good reminder of the things I am thankful for. My family went to my Dad's sister Sharon's house in Southern Indiana. It was a good time, and I got to spend some time with my Grandpa. He had a stroke when I was seven and he's been in a nursing home for the past five years or so. Today was the first time in a while that I was really able to talk to him, even if it was only about how he was feeling and how I could help him. I am so thankful that I do remember what he was like before he had the accident!
I am thankful for: (in no particular order)
- Family, both immediate and extended.
- Friends, I know I'm really weird and I am so thankful for my friends who put up with my weirdness and who forgive me for my mistakes and who stand by me no matter what.
- People who talk sense into me. This kinda goes along with ^_^, but I do a lot of dumb things and I am so thankful for the people who take the time to talk it out with me and set me straight.
- My church, for all the problems my church has, I wouldn't be the person I am today without it. - My bed and pillow. :)
- Being warm.
- My car, even though its really ugly, I'm still thankful that I have something to drive.
- Music - I don't know what I'd do without it!
- Shoes! (something random here)
- You - even though I might not even realize who reads this post, I am thankful for you, whether or not I know you and whether or not you know me.
- Angels, I want to meet one someday! :)
Song of the post:
"Calling all Angels" by Train
Quote of the post:
"The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone. " -George Elliot