Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Long Day...

Today was my first day of work. I worked from 7 to 11 am, immediately after swim team. Danny and I were the only two lifeguards on duty, we watched the indoor pool until the water aerobics class started, and then went outside and put up all the umbrellas and got the pool ready for people. Danny had money and he sent Paul - another friend from swim team - to the Illinois Street Emporium to get us cinnamon rolls, if you have never eaten there I highly recommend it, their food is AWESOME!!! :) Anyway then we swept the pool and screened it, and surprising enough our shift was up and the other guards came and took over. I didn't even have to get in a chair, which is really fine with me.
Then I came home and helped get the rest of my family ready to go back to the Rivi, we had Jessica's birthday party today. She's seven - I can't believe it! :) She invited alot of little friends and Ed took control of the party and had fun games for them to play, with the boat and noodles, etc. We had cake and ice-cream, and they opened presents. I hope all the little girls had fun, because I know that not all of them liked swimming very much.
Then I went to Practice again - we are in the outside pool now and the water is still quite cold. But Therese was awesome and let us get out 15 minutes early. I took a shower, and came home and ate. I was starved... and now that I'm sitting here I've realized that during some part of today I got sunburned. I have goggle burns on my face, and I'm so glad I don't have to go anywhere important tomorrow! :) lol
Thursday I leave for ECHO and I won't get back till June 14. I don't know if I'll be able to post while I'm there, but if I can... I will try to. Please be praying for us, I am really excited, but kinda nervous at the same time. There are going to be alot of changes this year, and we have a huge trip! And finally I am very proud of you if you read my boring account of my day.

Quote of the post:
Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing."
- Abraham Lincoln

Question of the post:
Is it possible to be allergic to water?

2 comments:

Mary said...

man, sounds like you had a long day...but also a fun one. wow! your lil sis is that old already?! that's too cool!!! hmm....I think I'm allergic to swimming pool water, cause like...whenever I get in there I start sneezing and my face goes under the water really quickly...tis really fun actually. I can't wait till ECHO!!!! only like...one more day! you gotta sit next to me on the way there at least for part of the way, ok? I'll cya then, love you!

SaraY said...

I don't think you can be allergic to water, but maybe the chlorine in swimming pools. Unless if you're that fish in Nemo who was H2O intolerant...haha. It's funny how that movie has jokes only adults or older kids would get.
Anyway, have fun at ECHO!!! I will miss all you guys sooo much! what am i going to do with myself? Oh, yeah, go to work....