Friday, February 04, 2005

Super Bowl!!!!!

I found this really cool article in the Butler Collegian that talked about all the Super Bowl basics... like what they play for, how much tickets cost and who the halftime entertainment is. I thought this list of things Americans go through on Superbowl Sunday was really funny...
Typically, Americans go through:
- An estimated 14,500 tons of chips and 4,000 tons of popcorn
- 8 million pounds of guacamole
- About 3,312,000,000 bottles of beer
- Antacid sales increase 20 percent the next day
I'm not a huge Superbowl fan, but I'll watch it anyway... here is your pop quiz about the trophy they play for:
The Lombardi Trophy is named for:
(a) Pete Rozelle, former commissioner of the NFL.
(b) Joe Montana, ex-quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers.
(c) Vine Lombardi, former coach of the Green Bay Packers and Washington Redskins.
(d) William "Refrigerator" Perry, former defensive lineman for the Chicago Bears.
Answer: (Duh)

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Those fact thingys are funny!

Mary said...

hehe, very cool stuff! I didn't watch it...that was the day I got back from the ski trip and I was sooo tired!!

Charity said...

I echo Mary. ;-)

SaraY said...

update!!