Thursday, February 10, 2005

Recording and Duct Tape

This evening I got to go with the Indianapolis Children's Choir (ICC) to a recording studio in Zionsville. Mr. Leck - our director - wanted us to record a Christmas CD, with all the music we sang for our Christmas concert in December. It was a very interesting experience. For all the people out there who think recording is cool... It is awesome!!!! Except when you're squished in a room with 200 other kids. :) After 4 hours of recording, I am excited for the CD to come out.
I don't know how many people get the newspaper or read "let it out", but on Wednesday somebody had this awesome comment that I just HAD to post because I love it!!! :) Luv all you people and thanks for commenting on my blog!!! :)

"Duct tape is like 'The Force.' It has a dark side and a light side and holds the universe together."

10 comments:

Brian said...

Thats soo cool that you are in a recording, I was once in one and it was lots of fun also!
Hehe that's funny about the Duct tape!

SaraY said...

Wow what a coincidence- I just finished posting something funny from the paper! And I luv Let it Out!
Ttyl, Sara :-)

bek said...

Hey Ellie!!! Thats awesome about the recording!!! I was also in a recording when I was very little. I remember the long times we had in the recording studio and how this one kid fell asleep, cause we would practice really late at night. But I still love to listen to my CD, even though all my sibling hate it. It just brings back memories and all the long hours of hard work. I hope you enjoy yours when you are done.

Brad said...

Cool:) Recording is always fun! Let it out can be the best part of the newspaper sometimes:-p

Mary Ray said...

Hey its really cool that you doing and CD. I've been saying that force thing forever along with the one comment they had in Let It Out a little while ago "there are 3 types of people in this world thosed that can count and those that can't."

The.skater said...

me I've never Recorded before but it sounds like lot of fun

Kathryn said...

I'll never look at Duct Tape in the same way again!

Charity said...

Wow I LOVE the new comment set up! ;-) And that's soooo cool that you are recording a CD! I want one!! I hope you do really well...I know you will because you have a gorgeous voice! And I love the new 'profile' about playing the piano and dying. Haha, it made me laugh! :-) Anyways, play practice was fun and I'm so glad I get to do it with you! Love you!

Charity said...

Oh and I LOVE the duct tape quote! ;-)

Laura said...

Hay that is really cool I have other friends that are doing that too. I was in a cd once it was called "Glory Song." It was a patch the pirate song cd thingie.It was really cool cause I got to meat everyone in Patch the Pirate.