Monday, August 21, 2006

Full Swing?

A couple days ago - Saturday the 12th through Wednesday the 16th - I had a real vacation. My Aunt Linda and Uncle Ed, former missionaries to Bulgaria, invited my little sister Jessica and I to come stay at their house in Canton Ohio. I enjoyed it immensely. I got a lot of reading done, was able to actually catch up on sleep, and just relax. Even though I got to go out of town for ECHO and Covie, those were fun, but they weren't very relaxing - if you know what I mean?? ;-)

Thursday the 18th was our first worldview class of the year. We watched a bunch of Schaeffer movies and looked at art. It was fun, though most of it was review and I'm more looking forward to the rest of the year. We have to read the Divine Comedy: Hell this week, and the Divine Comedy: Purgatory the week after, so we'll have a rather fast pace.

August 22, which is tomorrow - my Spanish 2 class starts. I guess I just gotta say it. I'm not looking forward to this class. I did well last year, but it was hard because we didn't have much of a schedule or syllabus, so it was constantly spontaneous. This year we have two teachers, one for the spoken part and one for the written part. I would appreciate prayers!

Overall, I'm going to be busy this school year, but I'm excited to get it started because then it will be over sooner and I'll be closer to graduating!

Quote of the post:
"The future is as bright as the promises of God." -Unknown

Verse of the post:
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us." - Hebrews 12:1

1 comment:

Maria JoAnn said...

Hey Ellie,
I am gald taht you had a good, fun, relaxing vacation.

Man you guys are just starting school now, we are still in it untill december. I will pray for you in Spanish.

Love you! Have a GREAT week!