Friday, December 02, 2005

Lacey's Song

This song might not be theologically correct. But I think its adorable and it makes me think about how sometimes we need to back away from life and just look at it kinda like this: ;)

The moment was custom made to order
I was riding with my daughter on our way back from Monroe
And Like children do, she started playing twenty questions
But I never could have guessed one could touch me to my soul
She said daddy
When we get to heaven Can I taste the Milky Way?
Are we going there to visit or are we going there to stay
Am I gonna see my grandpa ? Can I have a pair of wings?
And do you think that God could use another angel
to help pour out the rain?
Well I won't lie
I pulled that car right over
And I sat there on the shoulder tryin to dry my misty eyes
And I whispered Lord, I wanna thank you for my children
Cause your innocence that fills them often takes me by surprise
Like daddy when we get to heaven can I taste the milky way
Are we going there to visit or are we going there to stay
Am I gonna see my grandpa? can I have a pair of wings
And do you think that God could use another angel
To help pour out the rain
Well I thought about it later on and a smile came to my face
And when I tucked her in to bed I got down on my knees and prayed
Lord when I get to heaven can I taste the milky way
I don't want to come to visit cause I'm coming home to stay
And I can't wait to see my family and meet Jesus face to face
And do you think Lord you could another angel
To help pour out the rain?
Hmm can I help pour out the rain...

Song of the post:
"Help pour out the rain (Lacey's Song)" by Buddy Jewell

No comments: