Thursday, January 11, 2007

Flat Tire

Today on my way to Marian I got my first flat tire. I was about halfway there and my car started shaking and making loud noises that were not normal. For those of you who know about my car, it already has some issues with the engine and it is relatively loud. By the time I pulled into Marian I was worried because I hoped driving with a flat tire wouldn't hurt my car. I called my Mom right before I went into class, asking if she could call my Dad and ask him to change it for me. Thankfully, when I came out of class, my Dad had put the spare on and left me a message saying that it was okay to drive it. I made it on time to my other class on the other side of campus and my ride home was uneventful. After I got home, my dad instructed me in how to change a tire so next time I can do it myself. ;-)

7 comments:

Shannon Koons said...

I was lucky when I got my first flat. I was at church and Eric Filson and Mr. Thompson happened to be there and changed it for me. Glad you got to school safely!

Charity said...

I can't believe you've updated TWICE since I've last been here! :) Well, we're in Geelong this week, so I this is the first time I've been on the compy in a couple days. (I know, it's so shocking! ha.) Anyway, I told my family about your flat tire and dad gave us a lecture about never driving with a flat... I'm glad your dad was able to change it for you! I would have been freaking out. Love you!

Tamara Rose said...

:) *laugh* good'on ya ellie (for learning how). Well it was good to talk to you on the phone today- even if you were falling asleep.

Take care my dear,
love ya
~Me

Maria JoAnn said...

Wow, that would be scary. Good thing you learned. Charity told my family that at the brekky table and my dad was like "Never drive on a flat tyre ( I naturally spelled it like that. The Aussie way! AHH) it could ruin the car!!!" I wouldn't have known what to do either. good thing you made it to class on time. Have a great week Ellie! love you!

Maria JoAnn said...

Wow, that would be scary. Good thing you learned. Charity told my family that at the brekky table and my dad was like "Never drive on a flat tyre ( I naturally spelled it like that. The Aussie way! AHH) it could ruin the car!!!" I wouldn't have known what to do either. good thing you made it to class on time. Have a great week Ellie! love you!

SaraY said...

Eleanor, it looks like you and I had been reading the same guidebook on how to fix cars...

Step One: Call dad. (if unavailable, often any male friend will do)

Step Two: uhhh...wait?

But, now that you have been enlightened to superior methods you shall have to teach me!

~Sara

Jen said...

What is up with flat tires?? I totally had one the other day too, but I was leaving my parking space rather than en route to school.
I was very sad that I hadn't been enlightened to the superior methods that your dad enlightened you to. My dad and I had ourselves a wee chat about that one when I got home :)
Thankfully I have very handy friends and sisters.