Thursday, September 15, 2005

Rain

I love the rain
For the difference
That it brings
Adding a new personality
To the day

Each puddle
Its own little world
Each drop
Adds another character
To the picture

The eerie sky
Creating a melodramatic background
As life goes on
Playing out the passions
As depression rears its head
Searching for a helpless victim
Among the million of candidates
Pouting about the rain

-Unknown

I went with my brother Daniel to help close up Mr. Faris's stand tonight. We take down the sign and put all the vegetables in the cooler. Right before we were done it started pouring down rain. We had no other choice except to either walk or run in the rain. We ran. It was amazing, I don't think I'd ever quite run in the rain like that before. Anyway I thought I'd share my wonderful experience with all of you.

Now on to something a little more boring. I'm slowly get back into my swim team schedule, morning practices started this week and that's all I've been to. I know right now afternoon practices are really full, I can't wait till high-school swimming starts and a lot of people don't come to Rivi practices anymore. That might sound mean, but when there are less people Therese can really help with stroke technique and stuff like that.

School is okay, its still school though. I feel really behind in Spanish because I hadn't been there for 3 classes, I think I kinda made a fool of myself today. *sigh* And this next Monday, Algebra and composition start. I'm not really looking forward to that very much, this'll be the 3rd time I've tried to take Algebra. And its just kinda depressing. But Worldview is going well, I really enjoy the Iliad, though our class kinda argues an awful lot over which God's are better. What's your opinion?

Verses of the post:
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." 1 Peter 1:3-5

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, about the Greek gods, totally apollo, cuz he is def. the coolest one, he like shoots arrows and stuff, Zeus is totally not the best, cuz he sits up on Olympus doing nothing and chucking lightning bolts out the window, and Posiedon just kinda swims around wrecking ships and destroying everbodys economic situation and thinks he is so powerful cuz he has his trident thing, anyway i could go on for quite a while longer......
btw, i just had soccer practice in the rain yesterday, it poured like crazy through the whole practice. My soccer shoes squirted water out of it's sides when i walked cuz it was so wet. It was great!!

erudil said...

I love that line: Zeus...sits up on Olympus doing nothing and chucking lightning bolts out the window...

Charity said...

HAHA I love your descriptions of the gods, Andrew!!

I know I already commented on your xanga about this post, but I just read the verse and wanted to say that it is an AWESOME verse to keep in mind. I don't think I, personally, praise God enough for allowing me to be born again.

I'll try to call you sometime this week! I love you!